What is it?
Income Protection is insurance that will pay you in the event you have a covered accident or illness and cannot work. Its that simple.
Statistics show that 25% of 20-year-olds will become disabled before they retire. However, only 33% of people have access to disability insurance through their job. This is where we can help. We offer affordable short term and long term insurance plans that will give you peace of mind and more important - income when you need it the most.
You protect your houses and your cars with insurance, even your pets and your electronics, but are you doing enough to protect your most important resource: your own talents and abilities? Few people realize how completely an accident or illness can derail their dreams, goals and bright future. Even fewer are prepared.
Income Protection Options
Reasons To Consider Priority Income Protection
- Protects you if you can't work due to a covered injury or illness
- If you cannot afford normal living expenses without your current job
- You only need short term protection, or want to minimize cost
- A simple qualification process
- Benefit amount of up to $4,000 per month
- Ages 18 to 61
Reasons To Consider Long Term Income Protection
- Provides longer term protection if you can’t work due to a covered injury or sickness. Includes benefit periods all the way to normal retirement age
- Want to protect your assets/estate
- Benefit amounts up to $20,000 per month
- Some additional underwriting may be required, include a medical exam and financial documentation
- Ages 18 to 61
Many people consider a home or a car to be their most valuable asset but the ability to earn an income is often overlooked as the most important asset in need of protection.
You don't think it will happen to you. Over 3 million people reported an injury or illness that prevented them from doing their job in 2013. It is important to remember that nobody believes bad things can happen to them. Until it does.
Real Life Stories
As discussed above people do not think an illness or injury will happen to them yet most of us have experienced with at least one injury or illness that has prevented us from working. If you are lucky your illness or ingury did not last long and you were able to get back to work and earning income.
If you were not so lucky, and your illness or injury caused you to miss your work for an extended period of time, you would need a way to replace your income. Income protection through disability insurance provides you this ability in an straightforward and affordable manner.