$150,000 or Higher Limits
A Physicians & Surgeons Disability Insurance Plan is designed to provide men and women working in the medical field with proper levels of income protection.
Our plans will allow medical professionals to maintain their standards of living in the event that an injury or illness leaves them unable to work. With issue limits as high as $150,000 per month (or more) and participation limits up to 75% for personal income protection and as much as 100% coverage for business uses, our Physician and Surgeons Disability Insurance Plan will provide adequate levels of disability benefits to keep your clients properly covered.Request Meeting
Physicians and Surgeons - Guaranteed Issue
Up to 75% of Income
Even with Group LTD and Individual coverage, medical professionals can still be underinsured. With a Supplemental Guaranteed Issue Disability plan through Petersen International Underwriters, medical professionals of any speciality can adequately protect their income with coverage up to 75% of income.
Real Life Cases
A tiered approach to adequate income protection
Proper income protection often requires the use of more than a single disability insurance policy. This supplemental disability insurance plan fills in the deficiencies of not only group LTD coverage, but individual, standalone policies as well. Coverage will often take the following format:
- Coverage is offered on a guaranteed issue basis.
- Eligible for individuals under age 71 and actively at work.
- Issue limits up to $250,000 per month, per person.
- Elimination periods of 30, 60, 90, 180, or 365 days.
- Benefit periods 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, and 84 months.
- An optional lump sum benefit up to a maximum of 5 times annual income can be added to follow the last monthly benefit.
- Term of insurance up to 5 years, based upon the size of the group.
- “Own Occupation” definition including specialty.
- 3/12 pre-existing condition exclusion. Anything that occurred or was treated within the three months immediately preceding the effective date will not be covered until the policy has been in force for 12 months.